Crazy Easy Healthy SoupFrom rdh14 5 years ago
- 25 oz (1/2 large can) chicken broth shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes, lightly drained shopping list
- 1 can Great Northern or cannellini beans, lightly drained shopping list
- 1/3 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, smashed shopping list
- 3 pieces of turkey bacon, uncooked, chopped small shopping list
- OR shopping list
- about 3 or 4 inches of a really smokey precooked sausage (Holsteiner, kielbasa, etc) cut into thin slices shopping list
- Siracha sauce or a dash or two of tobasco (I prefer the siracha) shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pan large enought to hold the ingredients, add everything together and bring to boil. That's it. Boil it til the bacon is cooked, or at least 15-20 min at a rapid boil to let the flavors really come out. Enjoy!
- ***Note, the bacon is good, but the smoked sausage lends a better flavor.
- ***As for the siracha sauce, if you don't know what it is, it's that bottle of red sauce with the green top that you find in Asian Restaurants. All grocery stores pretty much carry it now, and it's one of my newest fav's for spicing things up without using tobasco sauce. It's a bit more well rounded than straight tobasco.