Chicken Little Pot PiesFrom dmajor 5 years ago
- Top and bottom Crust shopping list
- 2 sticks butter shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 2 (8oz.) packages cream cheese shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour*add more if needed shopping list
- Pie fillings: shopping list
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or tenders shopping list
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into small cubes shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup diced or cut small carrots shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 can petite peas shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour mixed with 1/3 cup water. shopping list
- pinch of garlic powder shopping list
- pinch salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a microwave safe bowl, soften the butter and cream cheese(about 30to 40 seconds or until softened)
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Mix well(using your hands work well here)
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Slice chicken into small bite size pieces.
- Heat oil and butter in skillet.
- Add chicken, onions, and celery and cook until chicken in no longer pick and onions are tender.
- Cook potatoes and carrots in boiling water until tender,drain.
- In large bowl, mix together the chicken, peas,cooked potatoes and carrots.
- Heat soup and broth until boiling.
- Reduce heat and stir in half and half and flour mixture.
- Continue to cook until sauce thickens a little.( if too thick add more water or half and half)
- Add to chicken mixture and add garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray mini or cupcake pans with nonstick spray.
- Divide dough into 1/2(top and bottom crust)
- Bottom crust: Divide into 12 pieces and push one piece of dough into bottom and up sides of muffin cups.
- Spoon sauce into each muffin cup.
- Using your hands, Pat out tops for each muffin cup and place on the top(no need to seal these)
- If you have little ones, you can decorate each individual pie with their initial or a little flower using any left over dough.
- Bake until golden brown(about 15 to 20 minutes) allow more time if doing one whole pie.
- Brush each top with a dab of melted butter before serving if desired!
- If you have left over sauce it can be frozen or refrigerated for another use such as soup base or dumpling base.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating4 people
Mmmm, this sounds great! Thanks for sharing, we love pot pies here! ~Lauralaurakaay in Oroville loved it
This is fantastic idea. I love the pot pies that are home cooked!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it