Chicken KarahiFrom ambus 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 500 gm chicken shopping list
- 1 large/100 gm onion,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste shopping list
- 375 gm/4 medium tomatoes,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder shopping list
- 2 small green chilies,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder shopping list
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves,chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large pan.Add chicken and fry on low heat till the water
- in the chicken dries.
- Now fry the chicken in the oil till it turns light brown.
- Remove from oil and keep aside.
- Add chopped onions in the oil and fry for 4 to 5 minutes on a medium heat or once the onions are slightly brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger paste and cook for a further 1 minutes. Add the tomatoes, salt, chili powder, green chili, ground cumin and turmeric.
- Turn up the heat and further cook for another 1 minute then put in the chicken.Mix well.
- Add water.Turn down the heat slightly and cook till chicken is done.
- Turn up the heat and further cook,stirring constantly until oil separates.
- Stir in the ginger,black pepper,garam masala and fenugreek and cook for a further 5 minutes on very low heat.
- Serve hot sprinkled with green coriander.
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating11 people
Very nice and spicy dish. Got my 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Awesome!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us and for joining my new group! Cheers! ~Lauralaurakaay in Oroville loved it
Indian Flavors And Recipes263 members
Anything Goes286 members
From Middle Eastern Lands253 members
Lahori Clan15 members
Asian Foods235 members
Family Favorites140 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members
Checkin Central283 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Chicken Please145 members