Chicken TostadasFrom fireraven 7 years ago
- 1 med white onion shopping list
- 1 lb tomatoes, quartered shopping list
- 2 lrg glaric cloves shopping list
- 1 or 2 fresh serrano chiles, stemmed shopping list
- 1/2 c plus 2 tbs veg oil, divided shopping list
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce shopping list
- 6 lrg radishes, haved and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro, divided shopping list
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat coarsely shredded (4 cups) shopping list
- 6 (6in) corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 (1lb) can refried beans, heated shopping list
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled shopping list
- 1/2 c mexican crema or sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 c crumbled queso anejo or ricotta salata shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler
- cut half of onion in 3/4 in wedges, then chop remainder. Toss onion wedges, tomatoes, garlic and whole chiles with 2 tbs oil in a 4 sided sheet pan, spreding in 1 layer. Broil about 4 inches from heat until softened and charred, 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile toss together lettuce, radishes, chopped onion, and half cilantro
- Puree tomato mixture in a blender along with one or both roasted seranos (to taste) and 1tsp salt until smooth (use caution when blending hot foods) Transfer puree to a bowl and stir in chicken, remaining cilantro, and salt to taste.
- Heat remaining 1/2 c oil in a heavy med skillet over med-high heat until it shimmers. Fry tortillas, 1 at a time, turing once or twice and pressing down with tongs to immerse, until gold brown, 45-60 seconds per tortilla. Drain briefly on paper towels, then transfer to plates.
- Spread tortillas thickly with heated refried beans, then top with chicken mixture. Slice avocado over toastadas and dollop with crema
- Mound lettuce mixture on top and sprinkle with cheese.