Apple Spice Cake TrifleFrom askksk 7 years ago
- 1 package (18 1/4 oz) spice cake mix shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups cinnamon applesauce shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 7 tsp ground cinnamon, divided shopping list
- 3 cups cold milk shopping list
- 1 package (5.1 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix shopping list
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix shopping list
- 1 carton (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, applesauce, eggs and oil; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, cook pie filling, butter and 1 tsp cinnamon until butter is melted; stir until well blended. Cool. In a mixing bowl, combine milk pudding mix, topping mix and remaining cinnamon. Beat on high until thickened, about 5 minutes; set aside. Spread a third of the shipped topping in a 6 qt bowl.
- Cut cake into cubes; place half over topping. Top with half of the fruit mixture, walnuts and pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.