FRUITY CHICKEN SALADFrom bestcooker 8 years ago
- 5 cups cooked, cubed chicken breasts (see note) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups small red or green grapes shopping list
- one 13 oz. can pineapple tidbits (less if desired), well drained shopping list
- one 15 oz. can mandarin oranges (more, if desired), well drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, oil, orange juice, vinegar, and salt. Cover tightly and marinate overnight. DO NOT DRAIN!
- Stir in rice, celery, grapes, pineapple, mandarin oranges, almonds, and mayonnaise.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours until ready to serve.
- Note: You can easily use leftover chicken in this recipe. For easier prep, I usually buy the frozen, cooked, cubed chicken meat from Schwan's and measure out the amount needed. If you do that, be sure to thaw the chicken first! Recipe is easily halved.