Leahs Crispy And Chewy Coconut Oatmeal CookiesFrom divaliscious 7 years ago
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon each of baking soda and baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats (oatmeal) shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) unsalted shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed shopping list
- 1 jumbo/large egg (preferred) or 2 medium eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup shredded coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup toffee bits shopping list
- 1 cup raisins (optional) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder or 2 oz melted unsweetened chocolate (if making chocolate version) shopping list
- cookie sheets shopping list
- parchment paper for baking (optional) shopping list
- Preheated oven at 325 degrees shopping list
- Hand or stand mixer shopping list
- cookie Cooling Racks shopping list
How to make it
- Made these a couple of weeks ago and felt the need to make them again they were that good. So I have the ingredients coming to room temperature as I share this recipe. The photo is from when I made them a couple of weeks ago.
- Remember to preheat oven at 325 degrees and you will be baking these from anywhere of 12 minutes to 15 minutes.
- ****OK Here we go!*****
- Cream butter then slowly add sugar and once combined, turn on high and allow the creamed butter and sugar mixture to slightly change in color (it will get lighter in color)
- Add vanilla extract and egg and mix again for 2 minutes.
- IF MAKING CHOCOLATE VERSION: Add cocoa powder (preferred) or melted unsweetened chocolate to mixer and stir in at this point.
- Sift flour with baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- To dry mixture add oatmeal and stir till combined.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture, slowly with mixer at first to prevent a cloud of flour from creating.
- Add coconut and toffee bits, mix in then add optional raisins.
- Make spoonfuls and gently roll into round (if at all) and drop onto greased cookie sheets or onto parchment paper (which I prefer for easy removal and to help prevent any burning)
- Place on middle shelf in preheated oven and set timer.
- Check on cookies at 12 minutes, if need a little more time, then bake till 15 minutes, but no more than that. They should have flatten slightly and have a light golden color.
- Let set for one minute before removing from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- Let cool completely before freezing to ensure crispy and chewy factor.
- Enjoy with Milk or your favorite beverage...
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!