Mushroom Rice PilafFrom grandmacooks 8 years ago
- 4 Tbsp butter (half a stick) shopping list
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (approx. 7 ounce can) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions shopping list
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice (I prefer converted rice in the orange box) shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth (purchased or your own homemade) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Melt margarine over medium high heat in a 2 quart or larger saucepan.
- Add mushrooms and onions and cook and stir for a minute.
- Add rice and stir until it is coated with butter.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then cover, lower the heat, and simmer 18 minutes. DO NOT PEEK!
- All the liquid should have been absorbed; if not cook a minute or two longer.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve hot.
The Cookgrandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
The Rating6 people
Sounds fantastic. High 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
wow love mushroom pilaf great easy recipe thanks bunches high 5'smomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This looks so very very good..High 5 A++ 5 forks! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!