Butternut Squash SouffleFrom mamalou 8 years ago
- 1 large butternut squash, about 3-4 pounds shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 3 eggs (or egg substitute) shopping list
- 2 cups low-fat milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- dash of nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Peel, cut, remove seeds and microwave, steam, or boil squash until tender. Mash until smooth. Add remaining ingredients; mix well in blender or food processor. Pour into a 1 1/2 qt casserole that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours or until firm. You can partially bake this in a microwave oven and finish baking it in a standard oven until golden brown on top.
The Cookmamalou Attleboro, MA
The Rating3 people
Have a large Butternut with this recipe written all over it. 5ved too.
Jo & Leejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
This is good. I have a recipe very similar to this one but I take the easy way out and use frozen squash that I thaw out....5!!laurieg in Wilmington loved it
I love souffles! I'll try this one when the squashes on my Mom's garden are just right! Thank you! :)gourmetana in London loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!