Mountain Country Corn BreadFrom lanacountry 7 years ago
- Mountain Country corn bread shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2 cup of flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 2 cups of buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup of melted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoons of sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add buttermilk, egg and butter.
- Stir until moistened but don’t beat.
- Pour into (HOT) greased iron skillet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating2 people
Oh yeah, Cornbread WITHOUT corn nibblets in it, now THATS real country. Gotta love those iron skillets, not only do they work great as cooking equipment, but they make great self defense weapons as well.hienz1 in Miramar loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!