Mountain Country Corn BreadFrom lanacountry 7 years ago
- Mountain Country corn bread shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2 cup of flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 2 cups of buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup of melted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoons of sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add buttermilk, egg and butter.
- Stir until moistened but don’t beat.
- Pour into (HOT) greased iron skillet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating3 people
Oh yeah, Cornbread WITHOUT corn nibblets in it, now THATS real country. Gotta love those iron skillets, not only do they work great as cooking equipment, but they make great self defense weapons as well.hienz1 in Miramar loved it
Remember your oven mitts…this is a winner…I made it just as written and every last piece was eaten. I took the pan out of the oven at 20 mins and it seemed perfect!ellie1 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!