Lanas Wonderful Mystery Layered DessertFrom lanacountry 7 years ago
- Lanas Wonderful mystery layered dessert! shopping list
- Here is how this came about: I wanted to make something shopping list
- scrumptious using ONLY what I had in refrigerator and pantry. shopping list
- It is SO easy, I am just describing in detail so it seems long. shopping list
- BTW, JB flipped over this!! :) shopping list
- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ shopping list
- 1 package dessert shells. (like people use for little strawberrie shopping list
- short cakes) shopping list
- chocolate (shell) sauce like for over ice cream that hardens. shopping list
- Custard: shopping list
- ~~~~~~~~~ shopping list
- 2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 2 eggs (beaten well) shopping list
- 2/3 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 ounce bar cream cheese-softened shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 ounces toasted and chopped macadamia nuts shopping list
- 1 cup toasted coconut shopping list
- frozen whipped topping, thawed (about 2 1/2 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- To start lay the dessert shells in the bottom of a dish about 8 X 8" (if they lap over it will not hurt anything).
- Put in the freezer while you prepare the custard layer.
- (when cool, cover the shells with Chocolate (shell) sauce)
- For Custard:
- In a medium saucepan, combine half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Add cream cheese. Stir and blend well!
- Remove from heat, and stir in 1/2 cup of the coconut and the vanilla extract.
- Mix well and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- when cooled slightly:
- Put 1 layer of the custard over the shells and chocolate.
- Put a thin layer of macadamia nuts
- Now put whipped topping, and coconut.
- Just keep going until all gone.
- Top with more whipped topping and coconut.. a little chocolate shell or chocolate curls.You also may dust with cocoa powder if desired.
- To toast coconut, spread it in an ungreased pan and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- (CAUTION..it burns easily!)
- Chill 2 to 4 hours, or until firm.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating7 people
My mouth's watering!!! ;9angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
sounds really great! thanks!magali777 in Mexico loved it
I would try it with both the chocolate and fruit. You have my 5! Have a good night...Cheryl
P.S. How about glazed fresh strawberries?cherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
On A Budget559 members
Sweet Tooth446 members
Southern Cooks555 members
Good Down Home Southern Food195 members
Original Recipes143 members
Choco Lovers138 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Southern Sassyness71 members
No Bake Desserts24 members
Delicious Foods39 members