Creamy Chicken Wild Rice SoupFrom astoutyeoman 6 years ago
- 2 TBSP butter shopping list
- 1 C celery [sliced] shopping list
- 1 C carrot [coarsley shredded] shopping list
- 1/2 C onion [chopped] shopping list
- 1/2 C green bell pepper [chopped] shopping list
- 3 TBSP all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp black pepper [freshly ground] shopping list
- 1 1/2 C cooked wild rice shopping list
- 1 C water shopping list
- 10 1/2 oz can condensed chicken broth shopping list
- 2 C cooked chicken [cubed] shopping list
- 1 C half-and-half shopping list
- 1/3 C slivered almonds shopping list
- 1/4 C fresh parsley [chopped] shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3 quart saucepan over medium/high heat, melt butter.
- When butter has melted, add celery, carrot, onion, and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender [about 4 min].
- Stir in flour & black pepper.
- Stir in wild rice, water, and broth. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken, half-and-half, almonds, & parsley.
- Heat until just hot, being careful not to boil as the half-and-half may curdle.
The Cookastoutyeoman Royersford, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!