Cranberry BabasFrom 22566 8 years ago
- For the Baba: shopping list
- 1(13-3/4 oz) package Hot roll Mix shopping list
- 3/4 Cup Warm water shopping list
- 1/3 Cup sugar shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons butter,softened shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- For the Cranberry Syrup: shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Cup cranberry juice cocktail shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Cranberry liqueur shopping list
How to make it
- Generously grease six 4" fluted tube pans,set aside.
- In medium bowl,dissolve yeast from the roll mix in the warm water.
- Stir in sugar and butter.
- Stir in the flour mixture from the roll mix.
- Beat in eggs one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until double.
- Spoon batter,dough equally into prepared tube pans.
- Let rise in a warm place about 30 minutes or until almost doubled .
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While babas are baking prepare cranberry syrup,In small saucepan mix sugr and cranberry juice cocktail,stir constantly over medium heat until sugar dissolves.Cool to luke warm,stir in cranberry liqueur.
- Cool babas in pans 10 minutes.
- Place a wire rack on a shallow baking pan.
- Remove the babas from pans and place on rack,with a fork,pierce them several times.
- Drizzle warm Cranberry Syrup over babas a little at a time until all is absorbed.
- Place on serving plates.Cove and Chill
- To Serve,fill centers of babas with whipped cream and fresh raspberries.