Lasagna Roll Ups with Veggie Pasta SauceFrom mamalou 6 years ago
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 small eggplant- skinned and diced shopping list
- 1 large green pepper -diced shopping list
- 1 large onion - diced shopping list
- 1/2 (10 oz) pkg of mushrooms- sliced (you can use more) shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can can of whole tomatoes - break up tomatoes shopping list
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce shopping list
- To Taste: basil shopping list
- oregano shopping list
- Fresh minced garlic shopping list
- salt shopping list
- dried red pepper flakes shopping list
- 6-8 lasagna noodles cooked al dente, and shocked in cold water to stop cooking. shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 small container ricotta cheese (light, or fat free) shopping list
- 1/2 (10 oz) package chopped spinach, cooked and well drained shopping list
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Saute veggies and garlic in 1 TBS of olive oil (or cooking spray if desired) until eggplant and peppers are tender. Add tomatoes with liquid, tomato sauce, and spices. Simmer until reduced and thickened (approx. 25 minutes).
- Mix Ricotta cheese and well drained chopped spinach
- Place small amount of sauce in bottom of baking pan.
- Spread lasagna noodle with filling mixture and roll up. Place in baking pan seam-side down. (continue with remaining noodles). Top roll-ups with veggie pasta sauce, then top with mozzarella (fat free if desired).
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.