Gluten-free cream of mushroom soupFrom sola 5 years ago
- 3 cups finely chopped mushrooms,portabella,cremini or regular white shopping list
- 1 tbl. butter shopping list
- 2 tsp.salt shopping list
- 1 tsp.worstershire sauce (my addition) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried parsley (or if desired use fresh-3 tbl.) shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 4 tsp.tapioca flour shopping list
- 2 cups half and half shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter on medium heat in a sauce pan.
- Add the mushrooms,and saute until cooked through.
- Add salt,pepper and parsley.
- Cook and stir one minute more.
- Add half-and-half.
- Allow mixture to just come to a boil.Stir tapioca flour and water in a small bowl.Add to sauce pan.Add worstershire,stir.
- Cook until thickened.
- Makes about 3 cups of soup.
- I like to add garlic to the mushroom saute.
- The consistency is kind of glutinous but this works and tastes very well for all those recipes that call for cream of mushroom soup.
- This can also be frozen to keep on hand.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooksola Charlotte, NC
The Rating3 people
Although I use Progresso mushroom soup when a cream of...soup is called for, it doesn't have the consistency of good old Campbell's condensed soups in recipes. I can't wait to try this! Thanks, Sola!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
sounds good... it's always a problem when we have a recipe calling for a cream of .....soup... we don't have a substitute.... will try this...probably could freeze it if we didn't put the 1/2 and 1/2 and the tapioca flour..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!