Lime BiryaniFrom tamii 7 years ago
- 2 limes shopping list
- 1 cup dry quinoa shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp curry seasoning shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 pkg (10 oz) shredded carrots shopping list
- 1 cup no-salt-added canned garbanzo beans shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried currants or golden raisins shopping list
- 3/8 tsp lpepper shopping list
How to make it
- Zest or finely grate one lime to produce 1 1/2 ts;p zest, then juice both limes
- In a saucepan, combine 3 tbsp lime juice, quinoa, water, 1 tbsp olive oil, curry seasoning, and 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until quinoa turns transparent and liquid is absorbed. Cool and place in a large bowl.
- Add carrots, chickpeas, scallions, almonds, and currants. Toss.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 3 tbsp lime juice, zest, and remaining 2 tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and 3/8 tsp pepper; whisk until well blended. Pour over quinoa mixture and toss. Divide evenly into four salad bowls.
The Cooktamii Palmdale, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!