Copy Cat Applebees Spinach Pizza AppetizerFrom lanacountry 7 years ago
- Applebee's spinach Pizza Appetizer shopping list
- pita bread (2 or 3 whole) shopping list
- 1 − 10 oz. pkg frozen spinach shopping list
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast shopping list
- 1 med. onion shopping list
- 5 or 6 plum tomatoes shopping list
- 8 Ounce pkg fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 3−4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon of each of the following spices: shopping list
- basil, parsley, cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup rice milk shopping list
- 4 Tablespoon flour shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw spinach completely, press out all water.
- Heat milk in saucepan, when hot but not boiling stir in flour. Stir until sauce begins to thicken, turn heat down.
- Add nutritional yeast and spinach.
- Stir constantly until thick and gooey, only about 3−4 min.
- In separate pan, saute onion, garlic, until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, and spices.
- Saute until just done.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Using a very sharp bread knife, split each pita bread so that you have two round flat pieces instead of one thick one.
- Place each piece of bread on a cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Spread spinach sauce over each.
- Top with tomato mixture, being careful to avoid the juice.
- Bake for 5 to 7 min.
- Watch closely so that the edges of the pita do not burn.