Vegan Pasta SoupFrom elinor 7 years ago
- 1 teasp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic shopping list
- dash red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 lb whole grain pasta (I use farfalle or penne) shopping list
- 6 cups vegetable stock (store bought broth ok) shopping list
- 1 bag washed greens (I use baby spinach, but mustard greens work well too) shopping list
- 1 lemon,. quartered shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- Option: 1 can Cannelini beans shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in large soup pot on med high heat
- when hot, add garlic and red pepper flakes
- cook 1-2 mins; do not let garlic burn!
- add broth/stock, bring to boil
- When boiling, add pasta (sometimes I add extra)
- Cook pasta to package directions, usually 8-10 mins - to al dente
- When done, stir in bag of greens. (make sure they were washed first!)
- When wilted, spoon into bowls.
- Squeeze lemon to taste
- Add black pepper to taste
- If you used low-sodium broth you may need to add a bit of salt to taste
- Whoops! Forgot to say that if you want to up the heartiness/protein quotient of this soup, you can add a can of beans to it (I prefer Cannelini) and stir in til warm. Do this before adding the greens so they don't get too soggy (the greens).
- Serve with warm, crusty bread