Chicken Ranch BraidFrom lasaf 6 years ago
- 8 oz. neufchatel cheese (lower fat cream cheese) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 pkg. Hidden Valley Original ranch salad dressing and seasoning Mix shopping list
- 1 cup chopped broccoli fresh or frozen (If frozen thaw and drain) shopping list
- 2 cups cooked boneless chicken breast, chopped shopping list
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry; thawed according to manufacturer directions shopping list
- 1 egg yolk, plus 1 tbsp. cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.( I use a silicon mat.)
- In a medium saucepan combine neufchatel and Swiss cheeses. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth (about 5 minutes). Add the package of hidden Valley dressing Mix to the cheese; stir. Gently fold in the chopped broccoli and chicken. Remove from heat.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll puff pastry into a 15x10 inch rectangle. Transfer the rectangle to prepared cookie sheet.
- Starting one inch from the bottom and ending one inch from the top of the pastry, make 2 inch cuts in 1 inch intervals. (If using silicon mat , cut with a scissor)on the long sides of the rectangle .
- Place the filling down the center(uncut portion) of the pastry; leaving a one inch portion at the top and bootom. Fold the top and bottom pieces over the filling (this will hold the filling in the braid).
- Starting at the bottom, pull pastry strips from each side towards the middle. The two strips should overlap and cross each other. Continue this pattern until you reach the end of the braid.
- Brush the egg wash over the top and sides of the braid.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until the braid becomes puffed and golden brown.
- Slice horizontily and serve.
The Cooklasaf St. Paul, MN
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!