Carmel and Pecan French ToastFrom lenora 5 years ago
- 2 tbls. light corn syrup shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbls. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 16 ounce loaf sliced bread, crusts trimmed shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Combine light corn syrup, butter, and sugar in a saucepan; simmer until syrup-like.
- Pour the mixture over the bottom of a 9X13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle pecans over entire mixture.
- Place the sliced bread ontop of the syrup mixture. Layer as needed. Beat together eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour over the bread. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate over night. remove from refrigerator and let stand for at least 30 minutes before baking in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Cut into squares and invert to serve.