Secret Chocolate Strawberry PieFrom stacyann 5 years ago
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 pkg (3oz) strawberry-flavored gelatin shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (use fresh lemons) shopping list
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 4 tbsp whipping cream, divided shopping list
- 1 pkg (3oz) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- sweetened whipped cream shopping list
- Whole strawberries for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Reserve 2 cups sliced strawberries.
- Mash remaining 1 cup sliced strawberries;add enough water to make 2 cups.
- Stir together sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan; sitr in mashed strawberries.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin, butter and lemon juice; stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Strain mixture; discard seeds.
- Refrigerate until partially set.
- Meanwhile place chocolate chips and 3 Tbsp whipping cream un small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.
- Spread chocolate mixture onto bottom of prepared crust.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Beat cream cheese and remainging 1 tbsp whipping cream in small bowl until smooth; spread over frozen chocolate later.
- Refrigerate crust while gelatin mixture is cooling.
- When gelatin mixture is partially set, fold in reserved sliced strawberries; spoon mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Cover; refrigerate several hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, garnish with sweetened whipped cream and whole strawberries, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate leftover pie, if any...lol.
The Cookstacyann Ridgeland, MS
The Rating2 people
This recipe is 'unique' and I want to make it 'just right'! What kind of crust do you recommend as being the best?
Without even knowing what 'crust'...I want to give this recipe a "5"FORK!!!!!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!