Roasted Veggie Soup with Basil CreamFrom debwin 7 years ago
- 2 zucchinni shopping list
- 3 each carrots and parsnips, peeled shopping list
- 3 large tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large red onion shopping list
- 1 each sweet red and green pepper shopping list
- 2T extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 11/2tsp salt shopping list
- 1tsp pepper shopping list
- 4c chicken stock shopping list
- 1T lemon juice shopping list
- BASIL CREAM shopping list
- 1T chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/2c light sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Cut zucchini, carrots and parsnips into 2" pieces; quarter tomatoes; cut red onion into 8 wedges and cut peppers into 2" slices. Place veggies in a large bowl; add oil, salt and pepper, toss to coat.
- Arrange in a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. Roast in a 425F(220C) oven, turning occasionally until softened and golden brown; about 1 hour.
- Puree veggies in batches in food processor until smooth. Pour in pot with chicken stock; simmer 15 mins: Add lemon juice.
- Serve with basil cream
- BASIL CREAM
- Combine basil and sour cream; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.