Baked Chicken And Mushrooms On RiceFrom kidaria 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice shopping list
- 4 chicken large thighs, cubed shopping list
- 1cup of fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 3/4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp dried parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, put in the chicken thigh and boil till the chicken is almost cooked. Reserve half cup of the chicken stock.
- Heat up a deep pan, with some cooking oil (or butter) stir fry minced garlic and mushrooms.
- Add in the chicken meat. Add pepper and salt to taste. Continue to stir fry till the mushrooms become soft.
- Add in the milk, stir well. Add in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- (Note, always add milk BEFORE the chicken stock, otherwise the mixture may not be smooth.)
- Add in the cooked rice.
- Stir and let it cook for a few mins or until the sauce is almost fully absorbed by the rice.
- Place rice into a heatproof baking dish. Cover top with grated cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 300 degrees celcius, till the cheese turns golden brown.
- Sprinkle with some dried parsley. Serve immediately.