Pumpkin Chocolate Chip CakeFrom momofsixil 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup softened butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare fluted tube pan by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add to the creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter in half.
- Stir melted chocolate into one portion of batter.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans into greased pan.
- Spoon chocolate batter over pecans and then top with pumpkin batter.
- Sprinkle remaining pecans over pumpkin batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
The Cookmomofsixil Davis, IL
The Rating1 people
great cake thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it