Southern Sweet potato biscuitsFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In another bowl, beat egg, then add sweet potatoes and milk.
- Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured board. Knead about 12 times or until smooth.
- Roll dough to 1/2 -inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2 1/2 -inch biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes or golden
- Note: As a substitute for self-rising flour, place 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon of salt in a 2-cup measuring cup. Add enough all-purpose flour to total 1 1/2 cups.