Fresh Green Bean SoupFrom tysonsmom 5 years ago
- 2 qts. fresh green and/or yellow beans--cut into 2" pieces shopping list
- 1 lrg. onion--finely diced shopping list
- 4 Tbsp margarine shopping list
- 3 Tbsp AP flour shopping list
- 2 c water shopping list
- 10 small red potatoes--diced shopping list
- 2 c milk shopping list
- 1 lrg. can of chicken stock--more as needed shopping list
- 2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes shopping list
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. No salt all purpose seasoning blend shopping list
- 1/4 c dried parsley shopping list
- 1 heaping tsp. minced garlic (optional) shopping list
- 2 c sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion in margarine until onion is translucent, but not brown.
- Add flour and stir, coating all onions and continue to cook for 1 min.
- Slowly add 2 c water, stirring constantly and bring to boil.
- Add beans, potatoes, milk, stock, bouillon, lemon juice, seasoning, parsley and garlic.
- Add more stock to cover, as needed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 1 hour on medium or until beans and potatoes are fork tender.
- Take soup pot off heat and stir in sour cream well.
- Serve with a hearty dark bread.
- May easily be halved or doubled.