School House Yeast RollsFrom dmajor 7 years ago
How to make it
- Place all dry ingredients in mixer bowl and mix using dough hook for approximately 1 minute(3 to 4 if doing by hand).
- Add shortening and water and mix on first speed for 2 minutes.
- Turn on second speed and mix until dough leaves the side of bowl.
- Let dough rest for 30 minutes in a warm area(I guess it got tired from the beating!)
- Dough should have doubled in side when doubled, punch(there goes that beating that poor dough again!)down to remove air bubbles.
- Pinch out 2 oz. pieces of dough and place on greased baking sheets.
- Place in warm place and allow to double in size(about 35-40 minutes).
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until light brown.
- Brush tops of rolls with melted butter and enjoy!