Pot Roast in Guiness StoutFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 16 ounces Guinness stout shopping list
- 4 pound chuck roast shopping list
- 2 tablespoons prime rib rub seasoning shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large onions coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 2 cups beef stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons browning liquid shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cold water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Pour Guinness into bowl and set aside so beer flattens.
- Rub roast with prime rib rub seasoning.
- In large pan over medium high heat add vegetable oil.
- Sear roast on each side until browned.
- Immediately remove meat from pan and set in large roasting pan.
- Coarsely chop onions and add to pan along with garlic.
- Add stock and browning liquid.
- Roast in preheated oven 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 350 and add Guinness.
- Liquid level should be at least halfway up side of roast.
- Roast an additional 2 hours checking liquid level periodically and adding water if needed.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Love cooking with beer! The picture looks yummy!juels in Clayton loved it
Made this today. I made some alterations for it going into a crockpot instead of in the oven. I did brown the roast well on the stovetop as directed. Don't want grey beef coming to the table :)
1. Thickly sliced onions to make a bed ...moreotterpond in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!