Pot Roast in Guiness StoutFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 16 ounces Guinness stout shopping list
- 4 pound chuck roast shopping list
- 2 tablespoons prime rib rub seasoning shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large onions coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 2 cups beef stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons browning liquid shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cold water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Pour Guinness into bowl and set aside so beer flattens.
- Rub roast with prime rib rub seasoning.
- In large pan over medium high heat add vegetable oil.
- Sear roast on each side until browned.
- Immediately remove meat from pan and set in large roasting pan.
- Coarsely chop onions and add to pan along with garlic.
- Add stock and browning liquid.
- Roast in preheated oven 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 350 and add Guinness.
- Liquid level should be at least halfway up side of roast.
- Roast an additional 2 hours checking liquid level periodically and adding water if needed.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Made this today. I made some alterations for it going into a crockpot instead of in the oven. I did brown the roast well on the stovetop as directed. Don't want grey beef coming to the table :)
1. Thickly sliced onions to make a bed ...moreotterpond in Orlando loved it
Love cooking with beer! The picture looks yummy!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!