Buffalo Chicken Mac And CheeseFrom dmajor 7 years ago
- 1 pound small elbow macaroni shopping list
- 2 cups chopped green onions (about 8 large),divided shopping list
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, divided shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 4 cups whole milk shopping list
- 4 oz. cream cheese shopping list
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (about 4 cups packed) shopping list
- 4 oz. smoked cheddar (extra for topping if desired) shopping list
- 4 oz. provolone cheese shopping list
- 8 fried chicken tenders, chopped(I use popeyes, KFC's or Caines) shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup hot pepper sauce (preferably Frank's Red Hot Original) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook macaroni in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, drain, and placed in large bowl.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in same large pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and garlic.
- Cover; sauté until onions are soft but not brown, stirring often, about 4 minutes.
- Add flour; stir 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to boil, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer sauce for about 2 minutes.
- Add all cheeses, cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the green onions, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until cheeses melt and sauce is smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix cheese sauce into macaroni.
- Add chicken.
- Place in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Top with additional shredded cheddar cheese or bleu cheese crumbles and 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in microwave.
- Stir in hot pepper sauce.
- Spoon 1/3 mixture over mac and cheese(reserve remaining to pass around as extra sauce for individual taste)
- Bake macaroni uncovered until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve with the extra sauce on the side.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!