Cinnamon Raisin BagelsFrom cherylannxo 6 years ago
- Bagels: shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. honey shopping list
- 4 tsp. active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour or white whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon. shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 3-4 cups bread flour shopping list
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten shopping list
- `````````````````````````````` shopping list
- Kettle Water: shopping list
- 6 qts. water shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Put raisins in a small bowl and add enough boiling water to cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and blot dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lukewarm water, 1/4 cup brown sugar honey, yeast and oil, until the yeast dissolves. Stir in whole-wheat flour, cinnamon, salt and raisins. Stir in enough of the bread flour to make a soft dough, about 2 1/2 cups.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead, gradually incorporating more flour, until the dough is smooth and quite firm, 10-12 minutes. Cover with a clean cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a 10" rope. Form bagels by overlapping the ends by 1". Pinch together firmly. Set the bagels aside, uncovered, to rise until slightly puffy, about 20 minutes.
- To kettle and bake bagels: Preheat oven to 450*. Line 1 large or 2 small baking sheets with parchment paper. Bring 6 qts. water and 2 Tbsp. brown sugar to a boil in a large pot.
- Slip several risen bagels at a time into the pot, the water should be a lively simmer. Cook for 45 saconds, turn them overwith a slotted spoon or tongs and cook for 45 saconds longer. Remove the bagels with a slotted spoon and drain on a clean kitchen towel; place on prepared baking sheet(s). Brush with egg white.
- Place the bagels in the oven, reduce the heat to 425* and bake for 15 minutes. Turn the bagels over and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes