How easy is this CrepeFrom nuitblanche 5 years ago
- 1-1/2 c milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- (optional 1 tsp sugar for sweet tooths) shopping list
- crepe Suzette shopping list
- 6 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- 2/3 c fresh squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 4 tbsp orange liqueur shopping list
- 2 tbsp brandy shopping list
How to make it
- Put all ingredients for crepe in blender and blender to smooth and airy
- Heat a scant 1/2 tbsp butter in crepe pan over med high heat
- Put a 1/4 c of batter in pan, tilting to coat (this takes time to master, but the results are STILL EDIBLE...in other words, fun to keep trying)
- Heat over burner til bubbles form on edge of crepe and it can be lifted to flip
- Cook second side til golden flecked
- Stack crepes between layers of wax paper
- CREPE SUZETTE
- Melt butter in large skillet
- Stir in sugar til melted
- stir in orange juice and liqueuer
- Slip one crepe at a time into sauce
- Fold in half, them half again until little triangular pockets,
- fill pan with four folded crepe
- BE READY WITH A LONG NOZZLE BUTANE LIGHTER, and A TIGHT FITTING LID FOR PAN JUST IN CASE.
- Pour in brandy, heat for a few secs (It won't light if it is not hot enough) then click the lighter close to pan to ignite (this actually cooks the sauce giving it it's special flavour)
- Lift pan off heat and tilt to disperse the flame, and if you freak out, cover with lid. But don't --it really is quite tame.
- Serve with a VIOLA!
- Bon apetit!
The Cooknuitblanche Syracuse, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!