The Lady and Sons Smoked Boston Butt RoastFrom cardinal54 7 years ago
- 1 (5-pound) pork butt roast shopping list
- 4 tablespoons House seasoning, recipe follows shopping list
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke, found in grocery store shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- Barbeque sauce of choice, for serving shopping list
- House Seasoning: shopping list
- 1 cup salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle 1 side of the roast with 2 tablespoons of the House Seasoning, making sure to rub well.
- Flip the roast over and rub the remaining 2 tablespoons of House Seasoning.
- Repeat the process with the seasoned salt and liquid smoke.
- Place the roast in a large roasting pan.
- Add the onion, water and bay leaves to the roast.
- Place in the oven and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until thermometer reads 170 degrees F.
- Let meat cool for a few minutes and then slice.
- Serve with your favorite barbeque sauce.
- House Seasoning:
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months