Paula Deens Chicken Brunswick StewFrom cardinal54 6 years ago
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) fryer chicken shopping list
- water shopping list
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, sweetened with 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) can creamed corn shopping list
- 1 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, available in grocery store shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- celery salt shopping list
- cooked rice, as accompaniment shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, place the chicken and enough water to cover chicken and bring to a boil.
- Cook chicken until meat falls off the bone, approximately 45 minutes.
- Drain the chicken and reserve 2 cups of stock.
- Remove the skin and bones and chop meat.
- In a separate pot, mix the chicken and remaining ingredients. Simmer slowly for 30 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Add a little bit of the stock if the stew becomes too thick.
- Serve stew over steamed rice.