Sausage and Summer SquashFrom bluewaterandsand 7 years ago
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 12 oz. cooked Polish sausage links, halved lengthwise, sliced diagonally shopping list
- 3 small yellow summer squash and/or zucchini, quartered lengthwise shopping list
- 4 wedges Italian flat bread, split shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- Fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely shredded parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler. In small bowl combine dressing and garlic.
- In extra-large skillet cook sausage and squash in 2 tablespoons of
- the dressing mixture for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is heated
- through and squash is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place bread on broiler pan; brush with 1 tablespoon of
- the dressing mixture. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2
- minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Serve sausage and squash with toasted bread.
- Drizzle remaining dressing; sprinkle green onions and oregano.
- Pass Parmesan cheese.