Maltese Broad Bean Paste BigillaFrom ms_isabelle 5 years ago
How to make it
- If you're using dried broad beans, you must first soak them for two days in salted water with the bicarbonate of soda mixed in. The water must be changed after the first day. This will soften the beans.
- After the second day, cook the beans in fresh water.
- Bring the water to a boil and let simmer until the beans are cooked. Drain and mince the beans.
- Mix in the olive oil, parsley and crushed garlic and make into a paste.
- For best taste, serve hot.