Maltese Anchovy and Potato PizzaFrom ms_isabelle 5 years ago
- For the Dough: shopping list
- - 300gm flour type 00 shopping list
- - 50gm semolina shopping list
- - 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- - 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- - 1 teaspoon yeast (approx. 7gm) shopping list
- - 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- - 200ml lukewarm water * shopping list
- For the Topping: shopping list
- - 1 large potato very thinly sliced shopping list
- - 2 anchovy fillets cut coarsely shopping list
- - 100gm tuna chunks crushed shopping list
- - 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- - 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- - fresh / dried rosemary shopping list
- - salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Dough Preparation: Sieve the flour.
- Add the salt and olive oil.
- Add the yeast.
- Dissolve the sugar in the water and add very slowly to the flour mixture, while kneading to form sticky dough.
- Form into a ball and stamp a few timed on the working bench.
- Place in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
- Leave to rise for an hour **.
- Roll out the pastry on a board sprinkled with semolina to form the pizza base.
- Place in a greased pizza pan.
- Leave to rise in a warm place.
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and the tomato paste and brush over the pizza base top.
- Follow by spreading evenly the tuna and potato slices, onion and anchovy.
- Sprinkle the rosemary and the remaining olive oil on top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in a preheated oven (200ºC fan forced) for 20 minutes or until base edge is golden in colour.
- * If the water is too hot it will kill the yeast.
- ** The dough should rise to double the size in an hour.
The Cookms_isabelle Bidnija, MT
The Rating4 people
This recipe will be outstanding with some fresh herbs from my garden. I can not wait to make this pizza using fresh dug potatoes.
High Five Isabelle
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I wish I could give you a 10 for this one! Such a beautiful and colorful dish!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
This has my five. Thank you for sharing.tilgidh in Blackshear loved it