Enchilada-zagnaFrom sharyl4 8 years ago
- 3 cups cubed ,cooked chicken, divided shopping list
- 1 can(28 oz.) or 2 cans(15 oz. each) mild red enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1 can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 container(8 oz.) sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 can(4 oz.) diced green chilies shopping list
- 1 pkg.(12tortillas) 7-inch corn tortillas shopping list
- Optional: sliced black olives can be added to the layers shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13x9-inch baking dish
- Combine enchilada sauce and sour cream in medium bowl. Combine milk,cheese and chilies in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Spread 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture on bottom of prepared pan. Layer with 4 tortillas, 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture, 1 1/2 cups chicken, 1 cup cheese sauce; repeat layers one more time, starting with tortillas. Top with remaining tortillas, enchilada sauce mixture and cheese sauce. Cover wiyh foil.
- Bake 40 minutes. Uncover; cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.