BBQ Beef BrisketFrom flavors 8 years ago
- 6 pounds beef brisket shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons steak rub (we used Macormicks Grill Mates) shopping list
- 1 bottle (12oz) beer shopping list
- 2 cups apple cider shopping list
- 1 cup sliced onions shopping list
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (we used KC Masterpiece) shopping list
- 1 cup soaked hickory or oak wood chips shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Set grill up for indiret cooking over medium heat (no direct heat under brisket).
- 2. Rinse brisket and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and place in foil baking pan. Sprinkle with steak rub and pour over beer. Add enough apple cider to cover brisket halfway up. Top with sliced onions and cover with aluminum foil.
- 3. Place pan on hot grill over a drip pan. Cover grill and cook 2 1/2 hours. If using charcoal , add 5 briquettes to each side every hour. Rmove brisket from braising liquid and place directly on the grill over the drip pan. Cmobine 2 cups of the braising liquid with the BBQ sauce. Mop brisket thoroughly with the sauce. Add 1/2 cup of the wood chips to each pile of coals. Cover grill. Turn and mop the brisket every 20 minutes for 1 hour.
- 4. Transfer brisket to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Thinly silce against the grain and serve with mop sauce on the side.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookflavors Algonquin, IL
The Rating7 people
Don't know who low rated you but this is a definite 5.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Sounds great, and I rate this recipe a FIVE! Thank you for sharing it :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Definate 5.victoriaregina in USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!