Maltese Rabbit StewFrom ms_isabelle 7 years ago
- 1 rabbit, cut up in pieces shopping list
- 2 cups of water shopping list
- 2 beef cubes shopping list
- 1/4 tsp rosemary shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 5 medium carrots shopping list
- 5 medium potatoes shopping list
- 1 medium turnip (kohl rabi) Gidra shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomatoe paste shopping list
- 60 ml water (1/4 cup) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
How to make it
- In a large frying pan, lightly brown the rabbit pieces in cooking oil.
- Add the 2 cups of water with dissolved beef cubes, salt, pepper
- and rosemary.
- Cover tightly and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, or until rabbit is getting tender.
- Peel and chop vegetables.
- Remove rabbit from heat and pick out fine bones, if desired and transfer to a larger pot.
- Add vegetables to rabbit pot. Mix the flour or gravy powder with the 60 ml water and the crushed garlic.
- Add to the stew stirring occasionally.
- Simmer for another 40 minutes, until all vegies are soft and the stew slightly thickened.
- Note: You can use this stew also as topping to dishes of boiled spaghetti .