Shrimp Banh MiFrom cherylannxo 8 years ago
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. plain yogurt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. fish sauce (see Ingredient note) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3 12" baguettes, halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1 lb. peeled and cooked shrimp (21-25 per pound; thawed if frozen). tails removed (see TIP:) shopping list
- 18 thin slices cucumber shopping list
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced lengthwise and cut into 2" pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Place carrots and vinegar in a small bowl; stir to combine. Let marinate while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Place cilantro, mayonnaise, yogurt, fish sauce, lime juice and cayenne in a medium bowl; stir to combine. Spread 2 tsp. of this sauce on the bottom of each baguette. Add shrimp to the remaining sauce; toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon. divide carrot among the baguettes (discard vinegar). Top with shrimp, cucumber and scallions. Cut each baguette into 2 - 6" sandwiches.
- To defrost frozen shrimp, place in a colander under cold running water until thawed.
- Ingredient Note:
- Fish sauce: A pungent Southeast Asian sauce made from salted fermented fish, Found in the Asian section of large supermarkets and Asian specialty markets/
The Cookcherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
The Rating3 people
Beautiful Vietnamese recipe! I love the flavors of Vietnamese food - so refreshing and delicious! Thank you for sharing!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love Banh Mi and this variation sounds wonderful to me. Thanks so much, hon - I'll be making these soon. :)
I hope you have a sweet weekend...
~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it