Spinach in Puff PastryFrom chacha 5 years ago
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 cups onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. / 3 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 2 (10-oz) boxes frozen chopped spinach, defrosted shopping list
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped, white & green parts (2 scallions) shopping list
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated shopping list
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (optional) shopping list
- 2 sheets (1 box) frozen puff pastry, defrosted in refrigerator overnight shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 Tbsp. water, for egg wash shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat butter in a saute pan and cook the onions over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes, until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Meanwhile, squeeze most of the water out of the spinach and place it in a bowl.
- Add the onion mixture, scallions, Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and pine nuts and mix well.
- Unfold one sheet of puff pastry and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the spinach mixture in the middle of the pastry, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Brush the border with the egg wash.
- Roll out the 2nd sheet of pastry on a floured board until it’s an inch larger in each direction.
- Place the 2nd sheet of pastry over the spinach and seal the edges, crimping them with a fork.
- Brush the top with egg wash but don’t let it drip down the sides of the pastry won’t rise.
- Make three small slits in the pastry, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the pastry is lightly browned.
- Transfer to a cutting board and serve hot.
- This can be assembled a day in advance, refrigerated, and baked before serving.
- (From Barefoot In Paris by Ina Garten)
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating2 people
Appetizers And Dips266 members
Pot Luck Entertaining101 members
Veggies Fruits And Grains54 members
Southern Sassyness70 members
Farm Country Cooking84 members
Jewish Recipe Gems13 members
Look At Me Recipes85 members
Recipes For A Cause24 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members