Thai Chili BeefFrom docjoe 6 years ago
- 1 popund beef tenderloin, very thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic shopping list
- 2 fresh green Thai chillies (1 habanero may be substituted for all the chilies in this recipe) shopping list
- 1 fresh red Thai chili shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil (preferably peanut) shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbl. fish sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Rub the beef with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Chop chilies very finely.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok to the smoking point.
- Add the beef and fry on both sides until colored.
- Add chilies, fish sauce, and sugar, cook over moderate heat turning frequently until cooked through.
- Mix in the cilantro and place on serving plate.
- This dish can be garnished with mango slices, lychee, or mandarin orange slices. The fruit helps cut some of the heat.
- *Note: The chili quantities are only a suggestion. Make this as hot or mild as you like, but know that it is meant to be spicy.
The Cookdocjoe Davie, FL
The Rating4 people
Count me in - this sounds wonderful. Thanks so much, Docjoe. :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
Another great recipe, Doc! High 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Sounds delicious---Thank you, Docjoe! :) Hope you have a great weekend! :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!