Wonderful Amish Country Sugar CookiesFrom lanacountry 6 years ago
- Wonderful Amish Country sugar cookies shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar (Sifted, especially if it's been in the cabinet a while.) shopping list
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups flour (all purpose) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (this is one of those recipes where I don't use bean paste) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Cream butter, sugars, and oil. (Use a low speed. You don't want powdered sugar all over your kitchen!)
- Mix in eggs.
- SLOWLY Mix in flour, cream of tartar, vanilla and soda.
- MIX WELL!
- Afterward, stir with a spatula to make sure all the ingredients are combined well)
- Using a 1 1/2" ice cream scoop place the cookies directly on a baking sheet.
- Twelve cookies should fit on each sheet.
- Cross-hatch and slightly flatten the cookies with the tines of a fork like peanut Butter Cookies.
- Sprinkle each cookie with sugar and bake for 10-12 minutes or until beginning to brown at the edges.