PralinesFrom fireraven 5 years ago
How to make it
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. Butter the sides of a heavy 2 quart saucepan. Combine sugar, brown sugar and half and half in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium hight heat until mixture boils. Clip a candy thermoter to side of pan. Reduce heat to medium low. Continue to boil at a moderate steady rate, stirring occasionally for 16 to 18 mins or until thermometer regies 234f or soft ball stage. (adjust heat as necessary to maintin a steady boil)
- Remove from heat. Add 3 tbs butter; DO NOT STIR. Cool, without stirring, about 30 mins or until thermometer registers 150F.
- Remove thermometer from saucepan. Stir in pecans. Beat vigorousle with a clean wooden spoon about 2 mins or just until mixture begin to thicken but is still glossy.
- Working quickly, drop praline mixture from a teaspoon onto the prepared baking sheet. Let stand at room temp until firm. Makes 1 3/4 pounds or about 36 pieces.
- To Store: Place candy in layers separated by pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temp for up to 1 week.