Kung Pao BeefFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 1 pound beef flank or boneless sirloin steak shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 hot green chilies, seeded and cut into very thin slices shopping list
- 2 medium green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch squares shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Chinese brown sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced canned bamboo shoots shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Remove fat from beef. Cut beef into 3/4-inch cubes. Toss beef, 1 teaspoon oil, the cornstarch and white pepper in medium glass or plastic bowl. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. Heat wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the 2 tablespoons oil; rotate wok to coat side. Add beef; stir-fry about 2 minutes or until beef is brown. Remove beef from wok.
- 3. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; rotate wok to coat side. Add chilies, onions, bell pepper, garlic, gingerroot, brown sauce, bamboo shoots and sugar; stir fry 1 minute. Add beef; heat through. Sprinkle with peanuts.