Mushroom StroganoffFrom docjoe 7 years ago
- 2 Tbl. butter shopping list
- 2 large shallots, diced shopping list
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms (use any kind you have) shopping list
- 1/2 pint sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (merlot is great, but use what you have) shopping list
- 1 Tbl. soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tsp. sweet paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. fresh grated nutmeg shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a skillet and add the shallots, saute over low heat until soft but not colored.
- Turn up the heat and add the sliced mushrooms, toss with the shallots and cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms give up their juices.
- Stir in the wine, soy sauce, paprika and nutmeg.
- Simmer uncovered until liquid is reduced by half (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Serve over your steak or noodles, or whatever, even toast points, garnished with parsley.
The Cookdocjoe Davie, FL
The Rating4 people
Also great adaptation for vegetarians. I have friends that do not eat meat - I will make it next time they visit us :)elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I love mushrooms! Your recipe sounds fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I love mushrooms in stroganoff. This sounds wonderful AND easy!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!