Texas Black Bean SalsaFrom mtrevino57 8 years ago
- 2-15 oz. cans of black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1-15 oz can of whole kernel corn shopping list
- 2 tennis ball size tomatoes finely diced shopping list
- 4 scallions, minced shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, red or yellow diced shopping list
- 1 cucumber, skin on, diced shopping list
- 2 stalks celery finely diced shopping list
- 1 large or 2 medium avocados diced shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar(optional) shopping list
- 4 tbsp chopped cilantro, as you prefer shopping list
- juice from 1 lemon and 1 lime shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp salt(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the lemon and lime juice with the Olive oil and lemon pepper, and mix well. You may want to add a splash of balsamic vinegar
- Combine remaining ingredients in a boil and toss to mix well.
- Add the Lemon/Lime juice, and mix well
- Chill for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend, overnight is best.
- Serve with crackers or as a side salad.
- This salsa REALLY comes to life with a dash/splash of Louisiana Hot Sauce.
- We have also used diced summer squash as well, use your imagination and let us know how it turns out,