Brazilian Cornstarch Cookies - Biscoitos De MaizenaFrom lor 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Sift cornstarch, sugar and salt together, mix the egg and blend in the butter. Knead well.
- Let stand ten to fifteen minutes.
- You can either shape the dough into balls in the palm of your hand and drop them onto a greased cookie sheet or use a cookie press that will make them in different shapes.
- When rolling the dough into balls, use the tines of a fork to flatten somewhat and make grooves on the cookies. They look really pretty. Some people like to shape the cookies into really tiny balls, others prefer them bigger.
- Bake for about 7 minutes, depending on how big you make them.
- Allow the cookies to cool and serve with a wonderful cup of Brazilian coffee.
- I like to make a confectioners' sugar and lemon icing to drizzle on top.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating6 people
wow Lor sounds so good and easy thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Thank-you so much for passing along this wonderful "5"FORK!!!!! recipe for the 'Brazilian Cornstarch Cookies'.
My son in-law who was born and raised in Brazil, will be forever grateful ! I am planning on baking them for him ...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Wow! This is a great recipe - and it sounds so easy to make. 5+elgab89 in Toronto loved it