Fried Rice Pudding Won Tons in Mango SauceFrom docjoe 6 years ago
- 1 pint quality coconut ice cream shopping list
- 1 pint mango sorbet (recipe listed separately) shopping list
- 1 cup your favorite rice pudding (home-made or store bought) shopping list
- 24 Won Ton wrappers shopping list
- 1/2 cup mango chunks shopping list
- 1 Tbl. dark rum shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
- mint sprigs for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat up oil in a deep fryer.
- Using to tablespoons, form the ice cream and sorbet into quenelles on a chilled pan, place pan with quenelles in freeze for later service.
- Place mango and rum into a blender and puree, set aside.
- Place a tablespoon of rice pudding in middle of a won ton wrapper and wet edge of wrapper with a finger dipped in water.
- Place a second wrapper on top of the first and gently seal won tons together removing as much air as possible from between the won tons.
- Place the filled won ton in the fryer and fry until golden brown, repeat this procedure for the other won tons and pudding.
- Place two fried won tons on each plate, along with one of each flavored quenelle.
- Drizzle mango sauce over the won tons, garnish each plate with a mint sprig and serve.
- Note: You can use any ice cream or sorbet you like with the won tons. I like just plain coconut ice cream and chocolate sauce. Get creative!
The Cookdocjoe Davie, FL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!