Toffee BarsFrom 55to64 7 years ago
How to make it
- Beat the ½ cup butter with the sugar and salt. Stir in flour. Pat into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Make the toping while the pastry is baking.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat condensed milk and 2 tablespoons butter, stirring constantly. Cook for five minutes more. Mixture will thicken and become smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and spread over baked layer.
- Sprinkle pecans over caramel. Bake an additional 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the bars. Let stand for 2 or 3 minutes. Spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Let cool completely. Cut into bars when cool
- NOTE: I've made these in a 10 x 10 pan with great success.
The Cook55to64 River Forest, IL
The Rating4 people
Loving this recipe!
Thanks for sharing!
=)pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Great as always Zena...ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
I'm making these this weekend, I love me some toffee! Five forks, girl! :) Kristineicu812 in South Bend loved it